Advantages of Drum Heaters
Are you challenged by cold temperatures in your facility? Do you need to prevent your material from freezing? Maybe your material needs to be warmer for your formulation in production? A solution to your problems might be a band heater or drum heater for your container.
What is a Drum Heater?
Drum heaters are an essential tool for heating and maintaining the temperature of liquids and materials stored in drums. These heaters come in a variety of sizes and styles to fit various drum sizes and heating needs. They are commonly used in industries such as food processing, chemical processing, and pharmaceuticals.
Drum heaters work by using electric heating elements to generate heat that is then transferred to the material inside the drum. INDCO designs heaters to fit snugly around the drum, ensuring maximum heat transfer and minimal heat loss. Some drum heaters come with thermostatic controls that allow for precise temperature regulation, while others may have a simple on/off switch.
One type of drum heater is the band heater, which consists of a heating element wrapped around the drum and covered with insulation. Band heaters are designed for use with metal drums and can provide a high degree of heat transfer. Another type of drum heater is the silicone rubber heater, which is designed for use with plastic drums. These heaters have a thin, flexible design that conforms to the shape of the drum and provides even heating.
Advantages of Drum Heaters:
- Ease of Use: Heaters are easy to install and remove, making them ideal for temporary heating needs.
- Energy-efficient: Reduced heating costs compared to other methods.
- Consistency: Can assist in preventing freezing and thickening of materials during storage while also avoiding overheating in certain areas of the drum.
- Temperature Control: Set your desired temperature and the drum heater will maintain it as long as necessary.
- Versatility: Drum heaters are available in a variety of sizes and styles to accommodate different types of drums and contents. This makes them suitable for use in a wide range of industries and applications, from pharmaceuticals to oil and gas.
When selecting a drum heater, it is important to consider factors such as the type of material being stored, the size of the drum, and the required heating temperature. It is also important to ensure that the heater is properly installed and maintained to ensure safe and efficient operation.
INDCO offers a selection of drum heaters for 5, 30 & 55 gallon containers. Using the spring loaded clamp, simply strap the heater to the outside of your metal pail or drum. The thermostat controls temperature from 60° F to 450°F. These heaters are designed for indoor use and are not for hazardous locations.
If you have any questions about our selection of drum heaters, contact one of our experts.